Word around the Italian and Brazilian media is that Alex Pato and Sthefany, after just 9 months and 13 days, are calling it quits…
The nine-month-married couple are said to be divorcing. Pato has already fled their shared home for a hotel as Sthef’s mother, Sandra, is helping her migrate back to Brazil.
The saddest part? Sthef signed a pre-nup, meaning she walks away from the short-lived experience with nada. (click on the links, to see more about the topic).
UPDATE II: Pato has now confirmed (through his agent) that he and Sthef will be divorcing.
The newest issue of Brazil’s Quem magazine is out and the cover story is saucy. On newsstands now, the tabloid alleges that Pato’s injury-prone season and new hobby of late-night club hopping alongside AC Milan teammate, Ronaldinho, has created a rift between him and his bride of less than a year. According to a ‘friend’, the player is ‘undisciplined’ and ‘down’ and his assy behavior is irking Sthefy.
Since there are a variety of conflicts and potential marriage-saving resolutions relating to this gossip, we’ve top-lined what you actually need to know/would like to giggle at:
– Naturally, we always have to preface these types of gossip bits by saying that unnamed sources contributed to the tabloid fodder. Even so, Pato’s ‘friend’ continued to dispense the hater-ade by saying:
“Without playing football, he doesn’t have much to do. He’s loose and proving unruly with everything. Of course, this spills into his marriage.”
-Hmm…’dem be fighting words. As we always say, either gossip rags can afford the hefty libel bill or footballers are as dumb as we thought they were. Having friends, acquaintances or frenemies such as this story sell-out is yuck, sure. But still, we’re the type of rumouristas to believe that where there is smoke, there’s usually fire.
Partaking in Partying
Milan- Moving on. Injured since late February, Pato has been spending too much fugly time with Ronaldinho. Just last week, he and his rose-adorned pal watched the Primavera Tim Cup between AC Milan and US Citta di Palermo from a VIP area before heading out to indulge in the Milano nightlife.
– Prior, Pato and Ronaldinho had also frequented The Lido nightclub in Paris. Ask us how they found the time or plausible excuses to escape to Paris to party; we will not be able to tell you.
It’s Not Me, It’s You
– Then again, it takes two to cause marriage trouble. Other reports fault Sthefy’s homesickness and lingering desire for telly work back in Brazil as a major thorn in the pair’s side. Don’t forget, Mrs. Pato posed for Italian magazine, Luxury, recently and spoke of her wish to head back to the mainland to work and be with her family and friends.
– Oh, and she hates being a housewife.
– While researching this story, we quickly became fans of this colourful blog. Aside from the creative photoshopping artistry, their teen love snark is quite good. Google translate it.
– Back on topic.
Meddling Fam Folks
– How have the young ball and chain couple committed to resolving their differences? With the help of their in-laws of course. Because as Ashley Cole knows, having parents in your biznass always ends in success.
– Up until last Monday, Sthef’s mom, Sandra, was spending some quality time in Milan. A masterclass of productivity, she spent her time denying that her daughter has a Facebook page.
– Afterwards, Pato’s father, Geraldo, arrived in the city to stay with his son. Yes, as in father and son sleepover. His secretary even confirmed it. Idiot.
– Most of you are painfully away of the pair’s ability to throw a lavish, WAGtastic ceremony. So far, they are the only footballing couple that protected their reception with electronic, microchipped invitations.
– And, as one Brazilian news source has put it, everything done with that much sugar tends to dissolve faster.
Whatever happens, we hope it’s for the best and they work it out!
Good luck Pato and Sthefany!