We are on our way to see another crazy transfer day…
– Milan sign Internacional’s Lucas Roggia
Reports from Italy suggest that Internacional striker Lucas Roggia has signed a 12-month loan deal to join Milan.
The 21-year-old striker has made six appearances for the International senior side and impressed the Milan hierarchy when in direct opposition at the AUDI Cup last summer.
The player flew into Italy with the plan of signing for Brescia, however a last-gasp Milan bid has seen the striker head for the San Siro, where Internacional believe he can best develop.
– Kingsley Umunegbu back at Milan
The young striker is officially a Milan player.
But there is something to clear up here. Milan themselves messed up in saying that the Kingsley Umunegbu transfer took up the last of their non-EU spots, as the Nigerian is actually part of the Rossoneri’s Primavera team, meaning that spot is still open.
-Inzaghi turns down Siena
Pippo Inzaghi has rejected an offer from Siena, amongst other clubs, in order to continue his career at Milan.
Although he doesn’t feature heavily in the plans of boss Massimiliano Allegri, the veteran has opted to remain at San Siro.
“I’ve decided to stay,” the former Juventus forward, who moved to San Siroin 2001, told Milan Channel. “It was difficult for me to leave the world of Milan in the space of a few hours.
“I’ve received a lot of offers over the last few days and I thank everyone because it is nice to be wanted at the age of 38.
“I want to thank Siena in particular, their President and their directors as they did the impossible to try to sign me.”
Inzaghi, despite his lack of playing time, confirmed that he wanted to hang up his boots in the red and black shirt of the Diavolo.
“I only want Milan,” he continued. “My career here couldn’t finish like this. My last game will be in this jersey and I couldn’t leave.
“I thought about how much I would miss this environment and the fans in the Curva who still provide me with such emotion.
“The club have always had faith in me and they still do today.”
– Milan snatch Muntari from rivals Inter
Sulley Muntari has joined Milan on loan from city rivals Inter, the Rossonerihave confirmed on Tuesday afternoon.
The move will come as a shock to many, who felt Muntari was spent. However, his close friends in Ghana have told SuperSport.com that Milan’s push for the midfielder has been on the cards for well over a month. No fees were mentioned for the deal.
Apparently, coach Max Allegri has wanted a player of Muntari’s style, but has been waiting to see how he will perform in active sessions. Reports say following two games at the African Cup against Botswana and Mali, Allegri was convinced that getting a deep lying playmaker now before the transfer window slams shut tonight to boost their options will be best.
The player has had a tough time for Inter and he was widely expected to join Milan at the season’s end. However, Matt Barker earlier reported that Milan wanted to secure the services.
Sulley is expected to feature for Ghana against Guinea in Group D of the ongoing African Cup.
– Milan reopen Tevez talks
Milan have reopened negotiations over a dramatic late swoop for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, according to Sky Sports sources.
The long-running saga of Tevez’s future had appeared set to continue until the summer following a frustrating month for City in their attempts to part with the striker.
A number of potential suitors have emerged only to apparently drop their interest at a later date, with Paris St. Germain and Inter Milan switching their focus elsewhere.
And it is now understood that Milan have re-entered talks with Tevez’s representatives ahead of Tuesday’s 11pm deadline.
There is still a lot of work for the Rossoneri to do to finalise his capture and it would require a change of heart from one of the clubs over the terms of a deal.
City have always maintained that they want to sell the 27-year-old, while Milan had previously been keen to sign him on loan with a view to making the arrangement permanent in the summer.
– Milan snap up youngster Prosenik from Chelsea
Italian champions Milan have plundered Chelsea’s youth ranks with the signing of teenage striker Philipp Prosenik.
The 18-year-old moves to the San Siro having endured an injury plagued time at Stamford Bridge following his switch from Austria Vienna in 2009.
Regarded back then as one of the world’s hottest young prospects after netting eight goals in 12 games for Austria’s Under-17 side, Prosenik opted to join Chelsea ahead of the likes of Juventus and Bayern Munich.
Prosenik, the son of former Austrian international Christian, had been “looking like a good number nine”, according to Chelsea’ youth team manager Dermot Drummy, before being sidelined with a serious knee injury in 2010.
The young striker will be hoping to resurrect his career in Italy and live up to the promise he showed earlier in his fledgling career.
– No Milan move for Palombo
The agent of Angelo Palombo has rejected deadline day links with Milan. “He’s staying at Sampdoria.”
Stories this morning suggested that the Rossoneri could make a late swoop for the Italian international.
“Angelo Palombo is not moving,” representative Tullio Tinti told Rete Sport. “He’s in retreat with Sampdoria in preparation for their next game.”
However, Palombo is apparently a step away from Inter.