Prior to the anticipated match let’s take a look at some very interesting facts…
1. Barcelona hold a tiny advantage over Milan in the fixture, of the 16 matches played, Barcelona have won six, with Milan having managed five wins and the rest of the five ended in draws.
2. In both the last two knock out meetings between the two sides, Barcelona have managed to beat their counterparts on aggregate and advance to the next round.
3. Milan recorded a 4-0 victory over Barcelona, when they defeated a strong team led by Johan Cruyff in the Champions League Final held in Athens in 1994.
4. Alexandre Pato struck the fastest goal in the fixture, the goal came within 25 seconds in the group stages of last season’s Champions League.
5. Milan have only scored seven times in the group stages and have registered the lowest goals along with Galatasaray, among teams which have qualified for the last 16.
6. Milan have recorded a win only once in their previous 10 knockout games in the Champions League, which came against Arsenal at home last season in the round of 16.
7. Barcelona have tasted defeat only twice in their last 24 Champions League games, against Chelsea and Celtic.
8. Barcelona lost 2-0 to Milan in the first leg, this is the first time they have lost a Champions League match by a margin greater than one, since losing to Inter Milan 3-1 back in the 2009/2010 Champions League semi-final.
9. Milan have the highest number of yellow cards among all the teams who have qualified for the round of 16, collecting 17 yellow cards in the process.
10. 40 out of 55 goals Milan have scored this season, have come in the second half.
11. Despite sitting out match day six, Xavi ompleted 663 passes in the group stage, over 250 more than any other player. He completed 92% of the passes he attempted.
12. Lionel Messi has scored 56 UEFA Champions League goals and is level with Ruud van Nistelrooy and behind Raul (71).
13. The Catalans have committed fewer fouls (46) than any other team in the group stage
14. Milan are currently unbeaten in their last 10 games, recording a 2-0 win against Genoa on Friday.
15. Barcelona on the other hand are on a rare spell of bad form, not only did they lose to Milan in the first leg but also to Madrid in two consecutive ties. However they did record a victory against Deportivo in their last match on Saturday.
16. vast players have played for both Milan and Barcelona including: Frank Rijkaard , Michael Reiziger, Cristophe Dugarry , Winston Bogarde, Francesco Coco, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Patrick Kluivert, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo Nazario, Edgar Davids, Demetrio Albertini, Maxi Lopez, Mark Van Bommel, Gianuca Zambrotta, Ronaldo and Bojan.
In the meantime…